[spyne] Update

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Mon Dec 22 15:14:30 UTC 2014

Dear All,

As I said before, stabilization efforts are underway for Spyne 2.12. You
can expect a new release during the month of January.

Once that's done, I'm planning to work on making Spyne easier to use.

One of the ideas I have for that is making ServiceBase optional.

So once 2.13 is released, my plan is to have all of the following forms
work:

a) For having proper service definitions in the WSDL, we can just invert
the relationship between @rpc and ServiceBase

    @rpc(_service=[SomeServiceBase, SomeOtherServiceBase],
    _returns=DateTime)
    def gettimeofday():
        return datetime.now()

    Application([SomeServiceBase, SomeOtherServiceBase], # (...)

b) @rpc decorated functions will go to a default service. When no
service list is passed to the Application instantiation, this implicit
service will be used.

    @rpc(_returns=DateTime)
    def gettimeofday():
        return datetime.now()

    Application([], # (...)

c) It will be possible to pass functions directly to applications

    @rpc(_returns=DateTime)
    def gettimeofday():
        return datetime.now()

    Application([gettimeofday], # (...)

I will do this in a way that won't break existing stuff.

Thoughts? Any other ideas for making Spyne easier to use?

Best regards,
Burak