[spyne] The helpfulness of logs, validation error contains no reference to the key

Alex ralienpp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:31:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Having reverted back to 2.10, I set a breakpoint before the exception
was raised and examined the context.

By looking at the value of `class_.__type_name__` I found out which
attribute it was complaining about, and it turned out that the
provided string did not satisfy the regexp pattern that defined the
format of the data.

Spyne did the right thing, though an improvement on top of that would
be to tell me which item was causing the exception. It would be even
better if it could say specifically which test failed (in this case it
did not match the pattern, but it could have been the length, or
something else).

So, this was a user error.

Alex