[spyne] Help with Spyne HttpRpc

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Tue May 13 08:09:48 UTC 2014

Hi there,

On 05/13/14 07:50, Rodolfo Narciso Duldulao Jr. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Spyne newbie here.  I am trying to find a way to limit HttpRpc
> requests to use POST request method only.  We have a web service that
> according to a spec, should be accessible via HTTP POST

For (the not yet released) 2.11, pass
_patterns=[HttpPattern(verb='POST')] to @rpc.

For 2.10, this could work:

_patterns=[HttpPattern('/say_hello', verb='POST')]

though HttpPattern had a lot of issues in 2.10, so if it blows up in an
unexpected way, just give up.

> It seems to me, the rpc decorator didn't recognize the name parameter
> now that the service method is wrapped by another decorator.  Am I
> doing the correct approach?  Any advice is appreciated.

http://spyne.io/docs/2.9/faq.html#is-it-possible-to-use-other-decorators-with-rpc-srpc

Best,
Burak