[spyne] interactiveRejected exception on upgrade

Jernej Makovsek jernej at myprofitsee.com
Tue Sep 16 11:35:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

after upgrading to the latest spyne version the following exception is
thrown:
Traceback (most recent call last):
class PrivateServices(ServiceBase):
File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/service.py", line 47,
in __init__
descriptor = v(_default_function_name=k)
File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/decorator.py", line
296, in explain_method
_in_message_name, _in_variable_names, _no_ctx, _no_self, _args)
File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/decorator.py", line 71,
in _produce_input_message
 "has %d." % (f.__name__, len(args), len(params)))
Exception: 'interactiveRejected' function has 1 argument(s) but its
decorator has 2.

The problem from my side is that I can't find anything about
interactiveRejected in the docs and it seems to be a bug in the library.
>From what I read in
http://spyne.io/docs/2.11/migration.html?highlight=decorator the problem
could be strict checking in the new version. I checked my definitions and
there are of the form:
 @rpc(String(pattern=UUID_PATTERN), String, String, String,
_returns=Integer)
    def foo(ctx, ticket, response, hresult, message):
          bar

which satisfies the strict checking.

Any help appreciated!
--