[spyne] interactiveRejected exception on upgrade

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Tue Sep 16 11:49:20 UTC 2014

hi there,

On 09/16/14 14:35, Jernej Makovsek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading to the latest spyne version the following exception is
> thrown:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> class PrivateServices(ServiceBase):
> File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/service.py", line
> 47, in __init__
> descriptor = v(_default_function_name=k)
> File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/decorator.py",
> line 296, in explain_method
> _in_message_name, _in_variable_names, _no_ctx, _no_self, _args)
> File ".../virtenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spyne/decorator.py",
> line 71, in _produce_input_message
>  "has %d." % (f.__name__, len(args), len(params)))
> Exception: 'interactiveRejected' function has 1 argument(s) but its
> decorator has 2.
>
> The problem from my side is that I can't find anything about
> interactiveRejected in the docs and it seems to be a bug in the
> library. From what I read
> in http://spyne.io/docs/2.11/migration.html?highlight=decorator the
> problem could be strict checking in the new version. I checked my
> definitions and there are of the form:
>  @rpc(String(pattern=UUID_PATTERN), String, String, String,
> _returns=Integer)
>     def foo(ctx, ticket, response, hresult, message):
>           bar

Interesting. Are you sure you're looking at the correct function? The
function above has 4 parameters, not 1 nor 2.

The logic in decorator.py is pretty simple, I don't see much room for bugs.

Please provide a minimal test case that reproduces the issue, I can't
guess what may be causing from the information you provided.

Best regards,
Burak