[spyne] Trying to expose the basic SOAP interface.

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Tue Sep 30 09:53:06 UTC 2014

On 09/29/14 23:17, Ian Kane wrote:

> Hi all, first time post here.

Hello Ian, Welcome :)

> I’ve been following this library for a few weeks and finally decided
> to try to make use of it for a project.
>

> I’ve got an application that needs to receive state updates from a
> communication bus.  The com bus should be able to notify my
> application through an exposed SOAP service.
>
> Apparently I have a misunderstanding of the library’s API as I have
> yet to demonstrate a successful test-case.  Any insight as to why the
> below exception is being thrown would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Here is my test case:

Your code is up at here: https://gist.github.com/plq/c65f567d69167ccd94d6

I fixed a couple of things with it:
https://gist.github.com/plq/c65f567d69167ccd94d6/revisions

The traceback you provided is certainly a bug, but it appears to be
fixed in 2.11, where I couldn't reproduce the error. Is there anything
preventing you from upgrading to 2.11? 2.10 series are more than a year
old and almost 2000 commits behind master now.

Best regards,
Burak