[spyne] defining a service without expecting namespace in every tag

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Mon Aug 10 17:13:49 UTC 2015

On 08/10/15 19:47, Daniele Bortoluzzi wrote:
> Yes I do. Here is the full message opening with the SOAP-ENV tag. It
> is identical in the two generated messages, generated with a
> python-suds client.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
> xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:ns1="myNameSpace"
> xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
>    <ns0:Body>
> [rest of the message]

sorry, that's not what I meant.

In the document that is produced by "their" client, is there an
xmlns="something" (not xmlns:ns1="Something", only xmlns="Something")

Spyne does not like undefined namespaces. I think the reason for it was
my not being able to figure out the schema document to validate an
undefined namespace.

if you got issues with namespaces, try soft validation.

if nothing works, you can set up a before_deserialize event on your
input protocol to use string methods to replace unwanted namespace
prefixes. yes, it's disgusting but it'll work :)

best,
burak