[spyne] The Road to 2.12

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Mon May 11 15:14:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

On 05/11/15 16:18, Henrik Heimbuerger wrote:
> Hi Burak et al.,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans to release Spyne 2.12 anytime soon?

I feel that I'm mostly done with bug-squashing. There's now a
2.12.0-beta tag whose non-experimental code should be safe to use in
production.

For sake of clarity, experimental components under Python 2.x are:

  * spyne.decorator.mrpc
  * spyne.interface.xml_schema.parser
  * spyne.protocol.cloth
  * spyne.protocol.html
  * spyne.protocol.soap.soap12
  * spyne.protocol.http
  * spyne.server.twisted
  * spyne.util.sqlalchemy

Under Python 3, spyne.* is experimental.

I plan to release 2.12 sometime end-of-june-beginning-of-july. There's
now a query to help you see what needs to be done for 2.12:
https://github.com/arskom/spyne/milestones/2.12

As for the docs... Well that's still a collossal TBD at the moment. The
good news about it is, as no backwards-incompatible changes were made,
the docs for 2.10 are still good. Bad news is, 2.10 docs now only cover
about maybe half of what Spyne's functionality.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Burak